The Duke’s Quandary, Top 10 Things! by Callie Hutton
The Duke’s Quandary
Top Ten Things . . .
Five things that Penelope hated about Drake, Duke of Manchester:
- His arrogance – but then aren’t all dukes arrogant? Sort of comes with the job description
- How he kept kissing her, and then saying he was looking for the ‘perfect’ duchess. Um, didn’t he notice she was anything but perfect?
- His dismissal of her botany work. She was not a child crawling about in the dirt making mud pies. Goodness, botany is serious work.
- Drake’s insistence that he had no use for love. I guess all those feelings he had for his mother and sisters was merely ‘strong like.’
- Despite being strong, confident and powerful, he still felt as if he could never fill his father’s shoes.
Five things that Penelope loves about Drake, Duke of Manchester:
- His arrogance – when he stands up for her, she feels all of her insides melt. So exciting.
- Drake’s kisses. Um. Very, very nice.
- How, after a time, he took her work as a serious endeavor. And then, of course, there was the ending of The Duke’s Quandary. ::sigh:: Well, I guess you’ll just have to read it.
- What a loving and caring person Drake is.
- How well he fills the shoes of the Duke of Manchester. There is no doubt in anyone’s mind that he more than lives up to his father’s reputation.
Drake, Duke of Manchester is searching the Marriage Mart for a perfect bride. He wants a woman who is poised, sophisticated, and worthy of the title Duchess. But most of all, he wants a woman who does not want the useless emotion of love.
Socially awkward Miss Penelope Clayton isn’t meant for marriage. A serious botanist, she has no desire to wed, so being forced by her guardian to participate in the Season to find a husband is torture. She’ll never fit in with the ton, especially if they discover she’s been pretending to be a man within the scientific community.
As Drake’s family makes over Penelope, turning her from naive bluestocking to enchanting debutante, he is put upon to introduce her to society and eligible bachelors. Despite dance lessons and new gowns, Penelope is the opposite of poised and sophisticated as she stumbles from one mishap to the next. Why then, does he find it so hard to resist her?
Author Social Network links: @calliehutton; https://www.facebook.com/pages/Callie-Hutton/206166449404454; https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5349775.Callie_Hutton
Buy links: Amazon: http://amzn.to/1cEfS2r
Barnes & Noble: http://bit.ly/1bzDebf
Callie Hutton always knew those stories she made up in her head would be written down one day. There was nowhere else for them to go. After years of writing articles and interviews for magazines and company newsletters, she decided to tackle writing a book. That was back in 2010. Now with twelve books under her belt, and seven more contracted, the relief at having somewhere to tell those stories is wonderful. She lives in Oklahoma with her husband, adult children and three dogs.